Monday, August 4, 2014

A5 Planner Page Decoration + Advice Needed, Please

First thing is first...how you do all like the new background and header? It was drawn by the fabulously talented, Linda! 

Okay, now on to my post... I have an A5 Aqua day-timer I have had it for about a  year now (maybe I should do a review on it, let me know below if that is something anyone is interested in). I've just started decorating the pages a few weeks ago and I wanted to show a couple of the designs I really liked and also ask for some advice from any of the readers (you will see why in a second).

This was actually my 2nd time decorating, my 1st weeks decoration turned out hideous, so I won't be posting that! As I am an avid scrapbook-er, I am finding it a little more difficult (than I thought) to transition from a 12"x12" page to a 5.5"x8.5" page, then add to the fact that I actually need usable writing space, it's been quite an experience. 

I accented the page with a red & white polka dot washi tape, it was bought at Micheal's Craft Store and it was only $1.00. Fun fact, it was the first washi tape I had ever bought. The star/Mickey stickers came from a Disney sticker pack that was also purchased at Michael's and I believe that one was $3.99, and the Pluto sticker however came from a 3-D puffy sticker pack I bought at Target (in the stationary dept) and that was $3.99 as well. Sorry, for the painted lines guys..I tried to keep them as straight as I could, can't share everything on the internet can we?

This my 4th week's decoration, it has a Sofia the First theme to it (she is also a Disney Princess). I found the Sofia washi tape at Jo Ann's Fabrics (it was on clearance $1.49). I also highlighted some of the lines with some glitter glue, just to add some glittery touches and the Sophia stickers came from Wal-mart at $1.97. 

Okay, now the part where I need some advice from you, the readers, if look right behind Tuesday you can see a huge and intrusive ink bleed from a stamp on the other side, I am not pleased by that at all but I would like to be able to use stamps in my designs. Can someone please suggest an ink pad that will not bleed through at all or as intrusively as that one I picked up? By the way, that ink pad was by Studio G, I had said in an earlier post that it did not bleed through as much and it didn't but as the days went by it kept getting darker and darker on the the other side of the page. It was wild, that being said, I will not be using that one again on this thin Day-timer paper. 

That finishes up this post, I did want to announce that we will be starting an Instagram page soon and will announce our username on this blog. Thanks for reading!!

-Rebecca <3

No comments:

Post a Comment